Configuring data proxy connections
Requirements for a data proxy
The following are requirements for successfully impementing a data proxy host within your cloud destination:
- You must enter a valid HTTP/HTTPS string to submit the proxy. Invalid HTTP/HTTPS strings will be rejected at entry.
- You must create credentials for any cloud provider before you will be able to see any cloud provider on the list where you can configure a data proxy.
- When a data proxy is configured for a cloud provider, all data moving to that provider will pass through the data proxy.
- The data proxy host will will need to be instantiated with an HTTP/HTTPS proxy such as Squid running on it.
- The host IP space should BGP routable via VLAN attachment in your dedicated connection.
How to configure a data proxy
- Create your proxy host using your service of choice (such as an Amazon EC2 instance with an HTTP/HTTPS proxy such as Squid running on it).
- Login to Igneous
- Click on the cog icon in the bottom left, then select Cloud settings
- Select the cloud vendor where you would like to configure your data proxy
- Click Configure then input the data proxy host address and click Save
- To edit an existing data proxy connection, click the three-vertical-dot icon at the right of the existing data proxy address, then click Edit, input the new address, and click Save
- To remove an existing data proxy connection, click the three-vertical-dot icon at the right of the existing data proxy address, then click Clear
Was This Article Helpful?