New Features, Updates, and Improvements
Week of 6/8/2020
- Improved error messages: Igneous customers will now have improved UI error messages for the most common errors encountered. Error messages have a plain-english description of the error as well as a recommended course of action when appropriate. These error messages are available both as tooltips in the DataDiscover experience, as well as in the activity log for backup, archive, and restore tasks from DataProtect.
Week of 4/27/2020
- New systems page filters: Finding datasets on the systems page is now even easier. We've now added filter criteria to include Status, and Protocol.
Week of 4/13/2020
- Support for SMB sources that require Kerberos: Igneous can now scan and protect file data stored on SMB sources that require Kerberos authentication. This applies to NetApp, Isilon, Pure Flashblade, Qumulo, Windows Servers and other SMB systems.
- Cloud credentials can now be updated: Cloud credentials that have been created for writing data to AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud can now be updated. To update existing credentials, click the cog icon in the lower left corner of your UI, and click Cloud settings.
- Restore historical archives: Archives that have been run multiple times can now support restoring any version of the archive - similar to the time machine view for backups.
Week of 4/6/2020
- Updated DataProtect reporting capabilites: Igneous DataProtect customers now have access to a new and improved reporting experience. The new experience will allow customers to create and review reports filtered by system, export, policy, task type, and date range. Reports are organized by date of execution, and compeltion status.
Week of 3/30/2020
- Data proxy UI confiuguration: Igneous DataProtect customers can now create, edit, and remove a data proxy directly in the UI. For information about how to set up a data proxy, check out our KB article.
- Support for Kerberos on Isilon: Igneous can now scan and protect SMB shares on Isilon requiring Kerberos authentication.
- Updated dashboard for DataProtect VM customers: Igneous DataProtect customers with a Virtual Machine deployment will now see an updateted dashboard when they log in. Customers with multiple VMs can navigate to each VM from the main dashboard when they log in through a dropdown.
Week of 3/16/2020
- Cloud Credentials organized in policy builder: Credentials for cloud targets that have already been configured are now sorted and nested by cloud provider, rather than alphabetically.
Week of 3/2/2020
- Support for non-API integrated SMB sources: Igneous can now support scanning and protected SMB sources that are not currently supported via API integration. For information about how to import generic SMB sources, please check out our KB article.
Week of 2/10/2020
- Apply policies and executes backup in bulk: Igneous DataProtect customers can now apply a policy to multiple volumes at the same time, rather than one at a time. Additionally, backups can be triggered manually for multiple volumes as well. For information about how to perform bulk actions, check our updated KB article.
Week of 2/3/2020
- Updated systems page: Igneous now has an updarted systems page! The new systems page fixes some lingering issues with truncated path names, long loading times, and other cumbersome interactions.
Additionally, the new systems page now has filtering functionalities to make it simple to find any export or share you are looking for. Datasets can be filtered by system, namespace/SVM, path name, or policy.
For more information about how to use the new systems page, check out our knowledgebase
- Support for proxy configuration: VM-based Igneous subscribers can now configure proxy during the VM deployment process to maintain compliance with firewall rules. Current Igneous instances will not be impacted by this change, but any future VMs that are deployed can take advantage of this. For more information about how to configure proxy, check out our knowledgebase
Week of 1/20/2020
- Any NFS target using Igneous DataProtect: Igneous DataProtect can now write to any NFS storage, such as Qumulo, and NetApp. To begin writing data to your preferred NFS storage platform, please contact us at https://cloud.igneous.io/help.
Week of 12/30/2019
- Any S3 target using Igneous DataProtect: Igneous DataProtect can now write to any object storage provider - including Wasabi, Dell EMC Elastic Cloud Storage (ECS), NetApp StorageGrid - or any other S3-compliant storage platform. To begin writing data to your preferred S3 storage system, please contact us at https://cloud.igneous.io/help.
Week of 12/2/2019
- Scan status for DataDiscover: Iconography and tooltips were added to indicate when DataDiscover scans were currently running, or had failed. This information can be used to help better understand the current status of DataDiscover metadata collection and analysis.
Week of 11/18/2019
- Proxy for private IPs for Igneous DataProtect: Igneous can now write backup and archive data into AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Storage through private IPs using a cloud hosted proxy. This capability enables subscribers to use the higher bandwidth provided through AWS DirectConnect, Azure Express Route, or Google Interconnect without writing sensitive data through public IPs. To begin using a proxy connection for your data, please contact us at https://cloud.igneous.io/help.
Week of 11/4/2019
- Access-Time for Igneous DataDiscover: Igneous DataDiscover can now classify all your unstructured data using access-time (A-Time) or modified time (M-Time). This allows subscribers to quickly identify which datasets are still in use, and which datasets have truly gone cold, regardless of how you define data usage. This feature is automatically deployed to all DataDiscover subscribers.
Week of 10/28/2019
Restore checkpointing for Igneous DataProtect: Igneous DataProtect will now checkpoint all restore tasks to allow restores to pickup right where they left off if they are disrupted. This feature is now enabled for all DataProtect subscribers.
Manual rescans for DataDiscover: Igneous DataDiscover subscribers can now initiate DataDiscover scans whenever they'd like through the UI. Scheduled scans will always run (typically on Saturdays), however subscribers can now initiate a scan of any system, export, or directory at any time. This feature is now enabled for all DataDiscover subscribers.
Release notes were previously published in a weekly pdf format. For any specific inquiries about features released prior to October 28th, please contact us at https://cloud.igneous.io/help.