New Features, Updates, and Improvements
Week of 2/10/2020
- Apply policies and executes backup in bulk: Igneous DataProtect customers can now apply a policy to multiple volumes at the same time, rather than one at a time. Additionally, backups can be triggered manually for multiple volumes as well. For information about how to perform bulk actions, check our updated KB article.
Week of 2/3/2020
- Updated systems page: Igneous now has an updarted systems page! The new systems page fixes some lingering issues with truncated path names, long loading times, and other cumbersome interactions.
Additionally, the new systems page now has filtering functionalities to make it simple to find any export or share you are looking for. Datasets can be filtered by system, namespace/SVM, path name, or policy.
For more information about how to use the new systems page, check out our knowledgebase
- Support for proxy configuration: VM-based Igneous subscribers can now configure proxy during the VM deployment process to maintain compliance with firewall rules. Current Igneous instances will not be impacted by this change, but any future VMs that are deployed can take advantage of this. For more information about how to configure proxy, check out our knowledgebase
Week of 1/20/2020
- Any NFS target using Igneous DataProtect: Igneous DataProtect can now write to any NFS storage, such as Qumulo, and NetApp. To begin writing data to your preferred NFS storage platform, please contact us at https://cloud.igneous.io/help.
Week of 12/30/2019
- Any S3 target using Igneous DataProtect: Igneous DataProtect can now write to any object storage provider - including Wasabi, Dell EMC Elastic Cloud Storage (ECS), NetApp StorageGrid - or any other S3-compliant storage platform. To begin writing data to your preferred S3 storage system, please contact us at https://cloud.igneous.io/help.
Week of 12/2/2019
- Scan status for DataDiscover: Iconography and tooltips were added to indicate when DataDiscover scans were currently running, or had failed. This information can be used to help better understand the current status of DataDiscover metadata collection and analysis.
Week of 11/18/2019
- Proxy for private IPs for Igneous DataProtect: Igneous can now write backup and archive data into AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Storage through private IPs using a cloud hosted proxy. This capability enables subscribers to use the higher bandwidth provided through AWS DirectConnect, Azure Express Route, or Google Interconnect without writing sensitive data through public IPs. To begin using a proxy connection for your data, please contact us at https://cloud.igneous.io/help.
Week of 11/4/2019
- Access-Time for Igneous DataDiscover: Igneous DataDiscover can now classify all your unstructured data using access-time (A-Time) or modified time (M-Time). This allows subscribers to quickly identify which datasets are still in use, and which datasets have truly gone cold, regardless of how you define data usage. This feature is automatically deployed to all DataDiscover subscribers.
Week of 10/28/2019
Restore checkpointing for Igneous DataProtect: Igneous DataProtect will now checkpoint all restore tasks to allow restores to pickup right where they left off if they are disrupted. This feature is now enabled for all DataProtect subscribers.
Manual rescans for DataDiscover: Igneous DataDiscover subscribers can now initiate DataDiscover scans whenever they'd like through the UI. Scheduled scans will always run (typically on Saturdays), however subscribers can now initiate a scan of any system, export, or directory at any time. This feature is now enabled for all DataDiscover subscribers.
Release notes were previously published in a weekly pdf format. For any specific inquiries about features released prior to October 28th, please contact us at https://cloud.igneous.io/help.