Igneous supports placing objects directly in to different AWS object storage tiers. All currently supported AWS Object tiers are S3 and S3 IA, Glacier and Deep Glacier. To support replication to AWS S3, a cloud account needs to be created in Igneous. To do so, simply follow the below steps.
- Login to Igneous
- Select Policies in the left hand navigation menu
- Select Create Policy
- Select Backup policy
- Click the + icon to the right of the retention setting for on-premises storage
- Click on Select a cloud target and select Add a new provider
- Select Amazon AWS and fill in the data accordingly
- To obtain the necessary information, login to your AWS IAM console.
- You can use an existing user if the user was created with a Programmatic access ("Enables an access key ID and secret access key for the AWS API, CLI, SDK, and other development tools."), otherwise a new user will need to be created.
The field mapping of Igneous to AWS are as follows. Please be aware that Secret Access Key is only shown once during Access Key creation, if you lose it, you will need to create a new Access Key.
|Access Key ID||Accesskey|
|Secret Access Key||Secret Access Key|
Login to AWS Console
Select IAM (Identity and Access Management) console
Create a new user and assign programmatic access
Set the appropriate Permission for the user. You will need to be an admin to perform this step. It is recommended to grant full storage administrator role to the User.
Assign default tags if appropriate
Click next to complete creation of the user.
Once the Aws Cloud account is created, the various supported storage tiers will auto populate for you to select.