Igneous includes a rich data search capability to enable quick retrieval of files backed up on Igneous. There are 2 search mode - Global search and Filtered search.
To use Global Search
- Login to Igneous.
- Click on Data Search on the left navigation bar .
- The search field is a free form text search field that will match any directory path and filename that contains the text. There are additional keywords that can narrow the search criteria for more accuracy. For example, the "Extension" keyword will allow for searching files based on extension.
Another common search filter is based on the CTime of files. The "FileMetadata.CTime:[2019-01-01T00:00:00.000Z TO 2019-01-02T23:59:59.999Z]" query will return files that was changed between 1/1/2019 and 1/3/2019.
Note : For additional keywords, click on the ? icon in the search field and a general list will be presented.
4. Clicking on Restore on the right of each file will bring up the restore user interface to facilitate restore of the file.
5. Clicking the filename will bring up the file details view.
To use Filtered Search
- Login to Igneous
- Click on Systems and expand the system of interest to get to the export view
- Click on Actions on the right of the export of interest
- Click on Restore and you will be presented with the time machine view for the export
- Resting your mouse pointer on the file of interest will bring up the Restore link.
- The search field will only return results within to this particular system and export combination.